This last week was our last week of the fall semester.
This semester I had a child development class. Part of this class was to go to a "worksite" and work directly with kids. I went to Mrs. Stofferahn's first grade classroom. Those kids were the greatest and it was really hard to say goodbye.
Finals weren't all that hard and I was just happy to be done with english and trig finally. My next semester should be loads easier than this one.
Saturday was a day of firsts for me. A couple friends and I went up to Deer Mountain and I finally learned how to snowboard. It's not as easy as it looks, but after a couple wrecks and lots of time sitting on the mountain, I was starting to get the hang of it. It's so much fun and I can't wait to go up again.
Also, Saturday night I went to my first Rapid City Rush hockey game. I'm officially a hockey fan now. It's such an amazing sport and our arena is really cool. It was Marti Gras night and the players wore special jerseys. After the game they were auctioning them off. My friend Gable's dad bought Vanderveeken's jersey and so we got to meet him. He's suprisingly very nice and very good looking. After the game my mom called. Turns out I was on the news snowboarding. My first question was "Oh my gosh, did I fall?!?". Luckily they didn't snow me falling.
Overall, Saturday was an amazing day. It was a perfect ending to the fall semester.
(The top picture is my "snowboarder" face, and the one below is kelsie and I on our way up to deer).
Monday, January 19, 2009
End of the fall semester
Posted by Kristy-- at 6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast snowboarding.. I think I would want more than a board under me coming down the mountain. Or a couple sticks strapped to my feet..
Post a Comment